Life is too short to be stuck in TOEFL iBT “Hell.”
Get the amazing English your career requires
(and that S26 ensures).
You were educated for MORE.
When you don’t use your degree, 40-75% of your potential salary never hits your bank account.
Confidently express yourself in English and take back control of your career by studying with me, Jaime Miller, until you get S26 or W24.
His self-studies kept him stuck at 25
for 9 months...
after 9 weeks following my program, he was done.
Your past scores do not indicate your potential.
The right guide can take you past your current limits.
You probably feel like you tried everything… and haven't seen the results that you hoped for.
Maybe you even studied for TOEFL with 1 of the 50+ ESL tutors who registered for my training, "How to Teach Exams."
Studying with me is different.
What is the difference when you study for TOEFL iBT with me?
The students who do best with me are the ones who have been maddeningly "stuck" with TOEFL for the longest time.
How The ESA Method Takes You from "Hell" to "Done" with TOEFL
The ESA Method is a combination of private lessons with me — Jaime Miller, and personalized homework assignments that you finish and return to me.
If you follow my instructions, you will reliably and consistently move towards your scores with TOEFL. We’ll follow a proven path that is based on and directly connected to the TOEFL iBT scoring criteria.
Luck is not part of our plan.
You and I won’t overlook any area that could be limiting your scores in Speaking and/or Writing. So, you’ll make the fastest progress possible.
- the detailed feedback and error identification that I’ll give you
- my mindset coaching
- the kind of in-depth analysis of your score that ETS never gives you
- my techniques to correct old, deeply-ingrained “wrong” English
- my study protocols
- personal experience (because I took the TOEFL test, too)
Depending on your TOEFL "Score History," here are some of the topics we will focus on:
- Developing your ability to speak with accurate English in the real test, while maintaining high-quality “Topic Development” and “Language Use.”
Writing for Scores of 24+
- Developing your ability to write faster and more fluently in the real test, while maintaining high-quality “Topic Development” and “Language Use.”
Reading and/or Listening for Scores of 23+
- Uncovering the unique combination of factors that is holding you back.
My systematic, detail-oriented approach ensures that your TOEFL score is a reliable, predictable indicator of your level of English.
How I Got Started
I remember being in 8th grade and Mrs. Madea gave us a pop quiz in art class: “How do you make the color brown?” Well, I knew, so I wrote down red and green. And when it came time to check our answers, she wouldn’t accept red and green. I was really confused. Out of all the 20 kids in class, I was the only one who seemed to have written down that answer. But I was right, and I knew I was right, and I offered to show her because we had paint in the classroom. I could mix it!
“No! Just sit down.” … So I did…
And you can imagine that if that was me at 12, that a few years ago, I had a similar kind of situation. Except this time, it was about you.
See, I had been working with pharmacists and physical therapists, helping them get this TOEFL iBT score that they needed (26), and some of my clients were successful and others weren’t. And the people that kept struggling all had this same one problem that I couldn’t figure out, like, how I “should” fix it.
So, I sent emails to my old teacher trainers. I asked an industry expert who was on the conference circuit, being flown all around the world and I figured he would have his pulse (oops! I meant, his finger) on the pulse of the answer so that we could figure out how I should deal with this.
And no one had any answers for me!
Except, there was one piece of advice: I should work with easier students. (Laughter.) I was like, “Easier students?” I didn’t want to give up on my students. I wanted better answers.
And when I realized that it was almost like the Wizard of Oz with no one behind the curtain, I thought, “Well ok, I can think of some ways. So I’m going to try.”
And I started experimenting, and doing things with my students and they started getting the scores that they needed — and I realized that I was figuring something out that like… Nobody else seemed to know about.
So, I gave a presentation at an industry conference like a year later and the room was packed. Like, all of the seats were full and there was a line out the door of teachers who wanted to get in to figure out how to fix this thing that I seemed to have figured out (that nobody knew).
And what I want you to know is that it is possible for you to be understood and to have the level of English that gets you the respect that you deserve — that gets you trusted at the workplace.
And that not only can you be done with this exam (TOEFL iBT Speaking) that you think is trapping you — but that’s actually the way to that new level of respect that you haven’t had.
"What is The ESA Method?"
Since 2010, my full-time job has been tutoring students who must score Speaking 26 on TOEFL iBT.
“The ESA Method” is my special way of preparing you to get advanced scores for the TOEFL iBT.
Private lessons for S26 or W24 are results-focused.
"Can't any teacher show me how to fix mistakes?"
In 2012, I realized that my notes from my teacher trainings did not have any methods or lesson plans for “re-training fossilized errors.” So I asked my mentors and leaders of the teaching community: “How do we change fossilized errors? How do we train students to stop making old mistakes when they speak or write?”
No one in my industry could give me a clear answer about how to train students to stop making fossilized mistakes anymore.
I knew if I could find ways to turn mistakes into accuracy, countless students would be able to finally get TOEFL Speaking scores of 26. So I started experimenting with study protocols. My students were willing to try because they had already tried everything else without having a breakthrough.
And guess what? The students who started my program with dozens or hundreds of mistakes were finally reducing their errors! Their pronunciation in spontaneous conversations was changing. Their grammar and vocabulary was more accurate the first time they said something. They reported it was easier to talk with people around them, and their family and friends noticed the improvement.… even after years of mistakes!
You might think every English-turned-TOEFL teacher gets this kind of training but I discovered firsthand that the people who know it are rare.
In 2015, I gave a presentation called “How to Fix Fossilized Mistakes” at an industry conference. Every seat had a teacher in it so I had to turn away the 30 more at the door because there just wasn’t room inside.
She went from S23 to S27 because she reduced her spontaneous errors by 89%.
In 2018, a student I’ll call Ai began studying with me. She did the diagnostic test (back then, TOEFL Speaking had 6 tasks).
My feedback report identified that she made 177 mistakes with grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation in those 5 and a half minutes, as well as some TOEFL strategy-related mistakes. That’s approximately 1 mistake every 2 seconds —and she could finally see why she had been stuck at 23/30.
Ai diligently followed my program and recommendations. She studied my e-courses. She used the Memory Pouches to fix her fossilized errors. She took private lessons and got regular feedback from me. She did the homework. She kept repeating the study protocols to clarify her pronunciation. She stayed in touch.
One day, after about 8 months, she submitted a similar practice test to me for a progress check. I was thrilled that she reduced her mistakes by almost 90%!
Shortly after that, she scored 27 on Speaking and she was done with TOEFL.
You may fear your situation is horrible and unfixable… But if you commit to following my plan for you, then you will develop the English that unlocks your TOEFL iBT scores. And with that, you’ll get the respect that you deserve when you move forward with your career.
"What does it take to get help until I'm done with TOEFL?"
Honestly, it's simple. After you become my student, you just complete your assignments and stay in touch.
I’m located in Sacramento, California.
I typically work Monday through Friday from about 8:30 AM to 3:30 or 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
During that time, I’m answering emails from my students, giving feedback, teaching lessons, or leading coaching sessions.
I'm here... Are you?
Getting my attention is often as easy as simply communicating “Hey Jaime, I finished the assignment about A, B, C and I’m ready for the next step.”
It’s just basic teamwork. You need to…
- Respond to the text messages and emails that I send you.
- Make time to finish your customized homework assignments. Answer the questions that I ask you.
- Ask for help when you’re confused. This means you use your special communication privileges with me to send me emails and text messages. In other words, you don’t sit alone with your problem for days. You reach out and you get the answer you need so that you can move forward.
- Tell me when you’re ready for the next step.
- Discuss it with me when you’re planning on registering for TOEFL. Follow up about your results and scores.
- Keep following my recommendations. As you evolve into a more and more advanced English speaker and writer, the obstacles that you face will change. Your challenges today are different from the challenges you will have the day before you score S26 or W24. You must be willing to follow the path of growth and stay flexible and open-minded.
The price that you pay depends on
(1) how many sections of TOEFL iBT you need my help in
(2) the number of private lessons that you need
In some countries, it is standard to negotiate for everything (no matter if you’re buying shoes, healthcare or an expert’s knowledge).
In the US, we don’t negotiate like that. My prices are not artificially inflated, they are already at the real price. I don’t negotiate but I will tell you 3 things:
- I can’t give you a price until you finish the application process below and we talk about your individual situation.
- If you look at my bundles for Speaking, Writing and Reading, you will see that you get discounts for buying a combination of programs that lead to your success.
- You will always get the lowest price for making a single payment.
If you need a multi-month payment plan, I am happy to discuss that with you.
If you communicate with me, keep showing up and finish the assigned activities, I will keep supporting you until you reach your “done with TOEFL forever” scores.
However, there are a number of factors that impact your results, including:
- how well you follow instructions
- your memory
- how many hours you invest every week
- your willingness to continue until you reach a successful outcome
You are the only person who is responsible for these. No matter how much expertise I bring, you have to stay in a committed partnership with me and keep following the plan in order to get the results that you want.
Cancellations / Refunds
My recommendation for you will be a bundle with a combination of components at a discounted price. If you cancel our agreement, your refund will be based on the regular price of each component.
You may cancel within the first 30 days of registering to work with me. In this case, you will receive a refund that takes into account:
- materials you keep
- the condition of materials you return (You must pay for tracked shipping to prevent losses and disappearances)
- how much time spent orienting or teaching you (my time is charged at $200 per hour, my assistant’s time is charged at $100 per hour)
After 30 days, there are no refunds for cancelling.
Who will not get results?
I guarantee that I won’t waste your time, energy or money and I want to make sure that we’re a fit so you can get the results you want.
In the many years that I’ve been doing this, I’ve observed that when students have the following characteristics, they will not get the results they want from me, so there’s no point in making an application.
How to Become My Student
1️⃣ Get answers to general questions
Within a few minutes, you can get answers to many of your questions just by reviewing these pages of my website. Please click to read and watch any videos:
- “About Jaime Miller” ← See my TOEFL scores and how many teachers took my training!
- “Jaime’s Difference: Fixing Fossilized Errors”
- “Success Stories” ← Search by native language and career type
- Sneak Peek: See the Study Materials, Calendar and Inside Jaime’s Website
- “The Prerequisites for Getting S26”
- “My Favorite Study Plan for ‘Stuck’ TOEFL Scores”
- “Will I get results with Jaime’s private lessons?” ← 7 good characteristics
- “Pricing and Cost” ← Explore options for TOEFL Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening
Write down all of your remaining questions. You can ask those questions via email or wait until Step 3 below and ask me when we talk in Zoom or on the phone.
2️⃣ Submit your application
If you study with me, we will regularly use Google Docs (which is like an internet-based, automatically-saved version of Microsoft Word).
For homework, I assign worksheets and documents, so by filling out the application, you will experience my communication style and the same kind of technology that we would use.
After you click the green button below, you will be shown the option to make a copy of the application document. You must be logged into your Gmail account in order to successfully make the copy.
3️⃣ Schedule our consultation
You will find the link to reserve your time in my calendar on the last page of the application (see Step 2 above).