0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Review / Skip
12. Which sentence below best expresses the essential information in the highlighted sentence in paragraph 2?CorrectIncorrect
13. The word sequential in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
14. Why does the author mention a river in paragraph 3?CorrectIncorrect
15. The word “workable” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
16. The word reconstructive in paragraph 5 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
17. According to John Dewey, the interplay between a person’s previous knowledge and present situation isCorrectIncorrect
18. All of the following ideas are part of Dewey’s theory of experience and education EXCEPT:CorrectIncorrect
19. According to Dewey, progressive education should includeCorrectIncorrect
20. It can be inferred from the passage that William James and John Dewey would probably agree on which of the following statements?CorrectIncorrect
21. Look at the four squares, A , B , C and D ,which indicate where the following sentence could be added to the passage. Where would the sentence best fit?
The incoming thoughts will come to resemble the outgoing thoughts, even though the two have never been experienced together before.
In James’s theory, thought and experience are connected. A Incoming waves of thought flow in next to outgoing waves of previous experience and thus become associated with each other. B An incoming thought is “workable” only if it is meaningful and can be associated with something already in the person’s mind. C James’s theory supports later theories of associative learning, which assert that new learning involves activating previous learning to find “hooks” on which to hang new information. DCorrectIncorrect