0 of 13 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Review / Skip
15. According to the passage, tornadoes are one of the most violent weather systems because theyCorrectIncorrect
16. The word jeopardy in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
17. Which sentence below best expresses the essential information in the highlighted sentence in paragraph 2? Incorrect choices change the meaning in important ways or leave out essential information.CorrectIncorrect
18. Tornado formation is usually associated withCorrectIncorrect
19. The word mature in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
20. The word whirling in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
21. Paragraph 4 supports which of the following statements about tornadoes?CorrectIncorrect
22. According to the passage, all of the following contribute to tornado formation EXCEPTCorrectIncorrect
23. In discussing peak tornado activity in paragraph 6, the author means that in April, May, and June tornadoesCorrectIncorrect
24. According to paragraph 7, most tornadoes moveCorrectIncorrect
25. Why does the author mention hopscotch, circles, and figure eights in paragraph 7?CorrectIncorrect
26. Look at the four squares, A , B , C and D , which indicate where the following sentence could be added to the passage. Where would the sentence best fit?
For this reason, more than half of all tornadoes develop between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The formation of tornadoes has been the subject of increasingly fruitful research. A Nevertheless, some mystery still surrounds tornadoes, and their formation cannot be predicted with absolute accuracy, even when conditions for their occurrence seem just right. B Most tornadoes are created by, and travel with, intense thunderstorm cells. C Because tornadoes require moist air, they favor the warmest part of the day, when solar heating and thunderstorm development are at their maximum. DCorrectIncorrect
27. An introductory sentence for a brief summary of the passage is provided below. Complete the summary by selecting the THREE answer choices that express the most important ideas in the passage. Some sentences do not belong in the summary because they express ideas that are not presented in the passage or are minor ideas in the passage. This question is worth 2 points.
Several factors contribute to the formation of tornadoes, one of the most violent of all weather systems.CorrectIncorrect