0 of 13 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Review / Skip
1. The word precocity in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
2. Which sentence below best expresses the essential information in the highlighted sentence in paragraph 1? Incorrect choices change the meaning in important ways or leave out essential information.CorrectIncorrect
3. The author makes the point that musical elements such as pitch and rhythmCorrectIncorrect
4. The word predisposed in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
5. According to the passage, when does musical talent usually begin to appear?CorrectIncorrect
6. According to the passage, which of the following suggests that musical talent is a separate form of intelligence?CorrectIncorrect
7. Why does the author discuss Mozart in paragraph 6?CorrectIncorrect
8. In music, the change from one key to another is known asCorrectIncorrect
9. All of the following are given as examples of exceptional musical talent EXCEPTCorrectIncorrect
10. The word haven in paragraph 7 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
11. It can be inferred from the passage that exceptional musical abilityCorrectIncorrect
12. Look at the four squares, A , B , C and D , which indicate where the following sentence could be added to the passage. Where would the sentence best fit?
They can even imitate patterns and tones sung by other people.
All children have some aptitude for making music. A During infancy, normal children sing as well as babble, and they can produce individual sounds and sound patterns. B Infants as young as two months can match their mother’s songs in pitch, loudness, and melodic shape, and infants at four months can match rhythmic structure as well. C Infants are especially predisposed to acquire these core aspects of music, and they can also engage in sound play that clearly exhibits creativity. DCorrectIncorrect
13. An introductory sentence for a brief summary of the passage is provided below. Complete the summary by selecting the THREE answer choices that express the most important ideas in the passage. Some sentences do not belong in the summary because they express ideas that are not presented in the passage or are minor ideas in the passage. This question is worth 2 points.
Musical talent usually appears early in life.CorrectIncorrect